Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Taking things for granted

I am not usually the type to take anything for granted and that is so much more true now than ever.  Having a long hot soak in the tub, putting on mascara, having alone time with my husband, these are things that I never have time for.  God forbid I get a whole half hour to myself.  It is currently 6:40 p.m., I have fed my three older kids and breastfed my little one.  My little one is currently sleeping while my daughter (the oldest) is holding him because tonight is her night for one on one time with baby.  My middle one is still eating a slice of pizza and playing on his I-Pod and my 5 year old son is upstairs watching a movie.

My house is unbelievably quiet as I type this post.  Wednesday nights are not usually like this.  
Wednesday nights are usually hectic and stressful since that is the night my husband goes out to play darts and poker with the boys.  I don't mind him going out, we all need a few minutes to de-stress, but I am jealous.  I would love to have a night but alas that is not possible.  My newest addition is an eating machine and since I am exclusively breastfeeding there is not much anyone can do with the feeding.  I could pump but I never have the time as he is either eating from me or sleeping on me.  To be honest I am too tired.  I have fallen asleep in the reclining chair with him still eating just to get a 20 minute power nap.

If I wasn't sure about whether I was done having kids, he has definitely made sure I don't want any more. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change anything about him.  He's cute and happy most of the time but man when he is not happy I tell you no one in this house is either.  He is extremely needy and eats every hour and a half to two hours.  To be able to type up this post is wonderful.  It means he isn't eating or sleeping on me.

I am finally finishing this post and it's now 9:43 p.m., 3 hours later.  That's how long it took to get my older boys to bed and then watch one show with my daughter (she has become a very huge Castle fan) and then feed the baby 2 more times until he finally fell asleep.  But alas it was not meant to be, I hear the little man fussing in his bassinet telling me it is once again time to feed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avon