Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Newest Addition

I know that I am continually writing about the baby but hey I am currently living and breathing baby. He really is a happy baby. He's smiling all the time now and all it takes is one of his smiles to make it all worth it. I guess the truth be told a smile or giggle from any of my kidlets (which is the word I have been using to describe my kids lately) will make everything all worth it.

I have finally realized that like his father my youngest is a boob man. He won't take a pacifier or a bottle. I've tried every pacifier on the market (I mean every brand) and at least 4 different bottles. He will take the Gerber bottle but for only a few seconds and then won't take it again. It's hard. Hard on me and for hubby. He would love to give Ollie a bottle and bond with him but he just won't take it.

It has taken me 3 days to type this post and finally my little man sleeps.  Not on me but in his bassinet finally. I am able to do some things (how long it will last, who knows).  I have had a really rough go of it this time. He's the neediest baby ever and I feel like I can't breathe.  I would love to be able to go out in the car without it turning into a screaming match.  I have to travel everywhere with my hubby as I can not take the stress of going by myself (unless I have no choice).  He hates the car, he hates his crib and I am the go to guy for everything.  Not that I didn't expect a little of the neediness but this is claustrophobic. I am totally committed to the attachment parenting route that I have chosen for this baby, I just never realized how much work it is for me.  I think I did a little of the attachment parenting with my other three but I don't remember it being this hard.  I guess I never realized it before as I just had to do it, I had no choice as I had no real help. This time I have the help and baby won't let me take it.

I don't want to wish away his babyhood as this is the last baby I will ever have but I need to breathe and be able to get off of this couch.  All things eventually come to an end and hopefully this needy stage will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avon